Rosewater and Orange Gin & Tonic
After a long and stressful week there is nothing better than coming home, meeting with some friends and letting the week unwind over a tasty G&T.
Gone are the days when a standard G&T was the go-to – now we are surrounded with opportunities to really spice up a simple classic.
Zesty, floral and autumnal twist on an old classic – I have been working on the perfect serve creating Rosewater and Orange Gin & Tonic Cocktail using Bombay Saffire gin to share with you all.
This cocktail was inspired by the change in season, this is the perfect way to unwind after a long week.
With delicate floral notes, blended with the citrus of orange and mixed with the soft botanical’s of the gin, it has a romantic and elegant touch – perfect for any occasion.
- Add 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small pot and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Let it cool and add in 1 teaspoon rose water extract.
- Chill the syrup in the fridge to allow to cool.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour in the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake for more than 20 seconds so the ice can melt and dilute the ingredients.
- Using a knife carefully, gently spiral the peel of a fresh orange to get that beautiful orange zest.
- Strain over a large ice cube and garnish with the orange twist and rose petals.
Pour in the tonic water, then the gin, then the rosewater, and top off with a bit more ice.
Perfectly made and simply enjoyed!
This post was a sponsored post with Bombay Saffire but the thoughts and recipes are my own and would only share with you if I enjoyed myself